When it comes to massage therapy, you can relax and rejuvenate. Whether you have been stressed from work, school or your home life, massage therapy works to provide you with the relaxation you need to feel better. Massage therapy also holds various medical benefits, including lowering blood pressure and pain management.
Today, massage therapy is practiced everywhere from hospital rehabilitation centers to resorts and salons. Whether you are a young athlete or a senior citizen, there is a massage therapy procedure available for you. Some reasons for receiving massage therapy include:
- Relieves muscle tension
- Decreases inflammation
- Reduces pain intensity
- Improves recovery and circulation
- Stimulates lymphatic system
- Helps control blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety
- Promotes relaxation and emotional well-being
The Types of Massage
At Transformation Wellness Center we offer various types of massages to best meet your individual needs. Some of the types of massage therapy we offer include:
- Deep Tissue – this massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles.
- Swedish massage – this is the most commonly known massage therapy. It uses slow, rhythmic strokes to bring about a relaxation response.
- Trigger Point – this massage focuses on a person’s trigger points, which are small contractures in muscle fibers found in taut bands of muscle and typically refer pain to another area.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) – this uses joint movement to relax motor nerve impulses to help increase range of motion.
- Orthopedic – this is more of an approach to assessing the mechanics of dysfunction.
- Muscle Energy Balancing – this involves interaction with the client to promote muscle relaxation and increased range of motion.
Contact Transformation Wellness Center at 248-918-4898â€‹ for more information on Massage Therapy and to find out the best type for your individual needs.